Sunday, December 10, 2017

Osaka - Part 1

so out of boredom, I decided to update my blog with my travel entries. Since I don't have much to do during this break after my Japan trip, I just want to chill at home. (I'm broke af now) besides, my nieces are working, shiron went to sabah and sarawak so, yep. I'm all alone.

Osaka map. source:Google map

that was the initial plan. I drew lines between places I wanted to go around Osaka. I went together with kak ecah (my workmate). we bought flight ticket form Rm600 return. later, I'm gonna plan out all of my budget through out the trip. we went from 27/11/2017 - 1/12/2017. and I felt time ran so fast. I've never regret my decision.

I was at the English conference when kak ecah called and texted me about the ticket. she said she desperately wanted to go and she needed a partner. she wanted to go so bad. at first I was hesitate cause I promised to myself, Bali Trip was last place that I wanted to go this year. I traveled too much already. but the ticket was wayyyy to cheap. At first we chose Hokkaido but the ticket was sold out like hot cakes. we managed to grab osaka. and so there was. I said to my research paper partner, "sharv, I'm going to Japan this school holiday." and her jaw dropped. hahah. that last minute decision tho.

right after we bought the ticket, the preparation came after. but honestly I tell you, planning a trip is never been easy. My head at that moment was full with works that I need to be done before school holidays. I was freaking busy when kak ecah decided to go to Japan. I owe her a lot for this trip. she was the one who made a lot of research about it. I did some reading but not much compared to her. I was multitasking like crazy. I need to do reading on my CEFR Course, search hotel for Osaka trip, read bloggers who been to Osaka. My tabs were full with things mixed with so many articles need to be read. and searching for hotel in Osaka was torturing. we tried our best to look for a cheaper price because trust me, whenever we go, we want to go under budget.

finally, kak ecah managed to book a great place called Hostel Dotonbori in Osaka. we booked through booking.com and you know, you don't have to pay yet before you reach at their hostel. Meaning, you have to set aside your hostel money. but it's great tho. we don't have to pay straight away. minus point about it was, we can't get our refund back if we cancelled it. we looked at the images in booking.com about that place and we got sold. looking at the clean shower room, washing machine and most importantly, a place to rest our head. we need a good place to sleep. it's quite hard to find a place which only for ladies because most of the hostels there are mixed. that makes our hostel hunt quite tricky. I think we kept on searching about the hostel itself took us for 2-3 days to finally confirmed and booked a place.

at first, we decided to go on our own. which was why we booked our own hostel, bought a sim card. before that we did search about the pocket wifi but since it was only both of us are going, we decided to buy a sim card instead and it was worth it. so, I looked at their train map and oh man, don't I get a headache for it. if you looked at their train map, trust me. you would just give up. but of course it has an app for trains. in fact, you could just use google map if you want to catch a train. but you gotta aware that, not all trains in Japan have English translation. I think, only train to airport has English translation include english announcement. if you wanted to ride a local train, there won't be any other language except for Japanese.

maybe that moment I took the trip and the country itself too lightly..I didn't think too much. when kak ecah said we can only backpack ourselves and I said yeah why not. but damn..thank god we didn't. and maybe after she said that, she worried. then she kept on hunting people who been to Osaka before. then she came across this package talking about Osaka. Kak ecah asked the guy whether we can join venture and kind enough to lead us the places around Osaka. and alhamdulillah..we we accepted. so, we're kind join venture together with the other group. and the best part out of it, all are girls!

-to be continued









No comments: