Wednesday, August 23, 2017

wisdom tooth removal experience

30th July 2017

it was an abnormal week. I got three days straight of medical leaves. Made it even more weird cause I've never been on medical leaves for more than a day (cept for Aussie trip that I had to chose mc.) reason why I stated it was abnormal because I didn't start my routine like I used to be. I didn't wake up early in the morning, go to class, teach the kids and do my own daily routine. Last week was a little bit over the top. I'm not sure if I was enjoying it where as I should be when the doctor said, go home, take a rest, sleep a lot. It wasn't go smoothly as I had in my mind. Just like my previous post I mentioned about getting my wisdom tooth removed and that day had finally came. These are the chronology of days that I've been through.gotta share some tips or things you should or shouldn't do. but you have to bear in mind that it depends on different people. some said they got their wisdom tooth removed pretty smooth, wasn't hurt at all, it wasn't a big deal. but some might said it was a horrible experience, ugly af. pretty much just like mine.

before the 'judgement day' came, I already made an appointment with the doctor and she arranged the suitable date for the minor surgery and all. Before that, I had to do an x-ray around the mouth area to see the better view of my wisdom tooth was located. I did some reading on this wisdom tooth removal before I went to the hospital to seek for further check up so that I wasn't surprised or had a panic attack whatsoever. so that's when I started to think that it was a pretty big deal when you have to do an x-ray, write a letter to make a further check up for a minor surgery. It was almost giving me a heart attack honestly. let me tell you how I really felt after I realized that I had to do a minor surgery for my wisdom teeth. so first, let's go waaaaay back of when was the pain started. it happened on the third day of hari raya. me, my nieces and nephews planned to eat at Seoul Garden cause it's been a while we hadn't eaten there. we enjoyed our dining there. then, right after on the same day, it was evening and we were in the car, on our way back home. I started to get the pain in my mouth. My tooth felt like something stuck in there.I was thinking it was probably a meat stuck on my teeth whatsoever. it was uncomfortable at first but then I started to get an itchy pain. then, felt like a needle poking my gum. it started to get more and more hurtful. but the pain at that moment was on and off. right when I came back to Muar. things started to get quite serious. I couldn't eat well due to the pain. it started to come back and it was longer. so I decided to go for a check up. went to the dentist. I didn't know for how many days that I drove back and forth to the clinic. Unsatisfied with govern clinic's service, I went to private. then, went back to govern clinic again cause the price at the private clinic was freaking high I could afford a flight ticket to oversea with that amount.

so that happened, next thing I knew, I had my appointment arranged and decided to do a minor surgery. The surgery actually went quite well. the doctor was nice and polite. He's kind to the point I wanted to hug him (literally) but, the funny thing was, I couldn't remember his face cause I was toooooo damn nervous. We had talked before the surgery talking about how procedures gonna go yada yada yada and stuff. I asked some questions as well. after the surgery, I started to feel my right cheek was getting numb and I could smile. my jaw was tight and stiff. I went to the pharmacy to get the prescription. again, funny drama happened there as well. waiting for my turn. my mouth was already full with blood together with the gauze. I could still taste the metallic liquid lingering in my mouth. I was nervously waiting but at the end I rushed to the toilet to change the gauze. Then I went back inside. after for a long while, I was afraid that my number had been called so I asked the pharmacist at the counter. I showed her the ticket the she said that wasn't the ticket. I was confused. we were quite intense a little bit there. I knew she was stressed working and giving medicine to public, then came this stupid ass bitch showing the wrong ticket number (laughing emojis) I had to line up again and again showed the wrong ticket. another stupid argument with a pharmacist ( it was a man this second time) damn I was panic, what would expect when the blood was full in your mouth and you couldn't talk much? I frantically check all the things inside my handbag, nothing. theeeeennnnn I remembered when I was on my way to the toilet I quickly put the ticket inside my pocket. so yeah..it happened..I tasted blood all over my mouth and it was starting to get hurt. The pain started to come. right after I arrived home, I ate the pills. then went to sleep. do you think it was easy as that? hell no.


Day 1-Monday

- the pain started to come after 1-2 hours of the surgery.
-The blood soaked with a gauze in my mouth I had to change it several times.
-I wasn't allowed to spit or do any oral activity such as gargling or brushing my teeth.
-wasn't allowed to eat any hard food which involve your teeth to crunch it so it sucks
-didn't eat much, just drank water.

Day 2-Tuesday

-when I woke up, my right cheek was big af and it was like a chipmunk cheek. but I weren't surprised because I heard this from my colleges and doctor of how my face structure gonna change a lil bit.
- the pain still hurt. still got a lil blood inside my mouth and used the gauze.
-ate the painkiller as always but didn't help much.
-the swollen actually was getting bigger than yesterday.
- I literally couldn't do anything..just bed rested all day.

Day 3-wednesday

-still hurts. This is actually thing get pretty weird. the doctor said by day 3 or later, the swollen should slowly disappear a little bit but guess what? it did not.
-The pain actually was getting more intense than ever.
- I couldn't get to sleep. the pain came time to time and almost every time.
-I tried to eat ice cream and cold drinks but it didn't help at all. I didn't know what to do other than just ate painkillers after painkillers although it wasn't helping much. it was slowly kicking it.
-it was really really hurts. the pain is real.

Day 4-Thursday

-The swollen still visible but less obvious. But I had to wear a face mask since I gotta go to school.
-the pain still came. I had to calm myself and held that up.
-how I would describe the pain? uh..it was unbearable feeling. uncomfortable as well. The jaw was still stiff you know. It hurt every time I talked.
-it was been 4 days I had eat much and I was freaking hungry. My housemate bought me rice porridge during the previous days. she's the nicest housemate ever I love her.
-again, I could sleep. I couldn't remember when was I able to sleep soundly.
-past few days been uncomfortable and sleepless night.

Day 5-Friday 

-the swollen started to heal slowly. it heals..but very slowly. I can still see little bump on my cheek. so, I looked kinda chubby.
-on this day, I had an outing with shiron. She came with her housemate over my house. when they looked at me, her housemate said it was rather rare to heal a bit late. and it's already five days. fiveeee days! so, there she assumed there might be something wrong and I also afraid that I might get a dry pocket or infection whatsoever. since she had an experience for wisdom teeth removal as well so, I trusted her instinct. so, we rushed to the hospital but there was no one there, the department was closed. I asked the emergency but guess what? they didn't know. they had no idea how to contact with the dentist. I know that sounds dumb but it happened. the nurse simply just said "ouh..jabatan pakar bedah mulut tu bahagian lain.kami tak tahu.." yeah..it happened. to me. so I we stopped at the private clinic at Cheras, Kuala Lumpur since we were on our way to Ikea.
-got my teeth checked there, the doctor said that I got an infection. I asked how did I get the infection. so, clearly there might be some causes. such as mouth hygiene or the surgery tools they used. she said supposed the doctor checked the patient's mouth hygiene before they conduct any surgery cause infection could happen easily. so I was a bit pissed thinking about it.
-so after the check up, the doctor gave me antibiotics and other healing pills. soon after I took the medicine, I felt a bit better and my cheek was less swollen.

Day 6 - Saturday

- next morning when I wanted to perform subuh prayer, I felt something came out from my mouth and it was small black thread. I was a bit surprised. it was the threads from the surgery stitches. part of it had loosen. I was kinda panic tho. when I called the dentist that I went yesterday, she said because of the swollen had healed a bit thus, part of the thread had loosen.
-the pain started to disappear gradually.

Day 7 - Sunday 


I didn't go to school cause I really wanted to wait for my teeth to really heal. Besides, I supposed to STO which to remove the stitches. I went to the hospital, told about the infection and whatnot. I said to the doctor that I didn't want to do sto yet cause the swollen is still healing. I cant even open my mouth properly just yet. the dumb thing was, he was supposed to know what to do next. but I heard he still wanted to the sto, and thats why I told him that I dont want to do it yet. stupid enough when you gotta let the patient tell you what to do. so, we arranged for the next date for sto.

so, basically it took me 3 weeks to properly heal and pain free. After those 3 weeks I finally can open my mouth, wide enough to eat. My jaw became flexible back. it wasn't stiff anymore. I need to do some jaw exercise between those weeks to make sure my jaw is flexible. so yeah, those are my experience for wisdom tooth. Some people went for a minor surgery pretty well and some might not and that including me. Luck isn't on my side. but alhamdulillah..I finally can eat as usual. Open my mouth, brush my teeth as usual. Now I guess I came to realize that it is very very very important to take care of your mouth and teeth. Oral hygiene is super duper important. I will make sure that my future kids take care of their teeth and have a proper oral hygiene.





Love,
Rushy

No comments: