Tuesday, May 1, 2018

skin regime and health condition

so last Sunday, I went to Melaka with my colleagues. I had been planning to go to Aeon Wellness for ages but wouldn't have a chance to do so. There's actually a funny thing happened. When I asked for a lipid test, I didn't know that it was for a cholesterol check (I know I was dumb and stupid for simply using the term without checking the meaning first) so, the pharmacy said yes, this place is for a lipid test and she asked me to pay first. and so I did then we had a conversation, she asked have I ever
done a lipid test before and I replied "last time I checked, they said I had a combination to dry skin." she looked baffled and said this place is for a cholesterol check, and she pointed at me all the lists that have been displayed there. So, I was like "oh....." lol

but I continued on doing a lipid test anyway cause I already paid. so turned out, it wasn't a waste of money. the pharmacist explained that my cholesterol is quite high especially LDL level. they are higher compared to HDL level. so starting from now on, I can't eat fast food anymore, no more processed food, greasy food and anything related to bad fat. I wasn't that surprised tho because I know all along that I've been practicing an unbalance diet. I eat whatever and whenever I want. sometimes, I ate rice then I cooked instant noodles later on. Having bless to have a high metabolism where you can eat whatever you want but never putting on weight, I had to take this consequence as a result. I know this day would come sooner or later because as you grow older, you need to start monitoring all the foods that you eat. there is one point where you need to start over and check the food that you eat before you gobble it until the last plate.

this is a whole new level to me. as I'm now aware that I can't just simply eat anymore, it sadden me. and even going to supermarket feels different. it feels so different as I can't simply choose food that I desire to eat but to ask myself, it this product is going to lower my cholesterol? and aim for the food that could give my body any good.

milk - soy milk
eat more beans, tofu
nuts are my new junk food
tomato is gonna be my best friend as well as the citrus fruits
wholegrain bread

you see, even the list look boring but I have to live with it. I'm starting to crave a cheeseburger already.

now, after I was done with the lipid test. I went to the skin test section. first of all, I really had a problem with the dermatologist (I don't think she is a dermatologist because her attire etiquette doesn't look like one) she didn't explain in detail about what kind of products that is suitable for me, what kind of food that I should avoid from now on. she only asked one question. ONE QUESTION. "have you ever tried wearing serum?" gosh. she kept on checking my skin and that just really it. and then we waited for a result and expected to read all the details on the paper by my own. I mean, what the hell. I know the results are detailed, its already written on the paper. but, you freaking work there, show some effort. so thanks to her, I did my own research reading about the terms or BHA, AHA, hyaluronic acid and so on. and I had to search my own skincare products. I searched one by one by reading the description, highlighting the important parts and search for the products that are suitable for my skin.

and I think Neutrogena products and I are fated to just got along with each other. what I'm trying to say is, whenever I did research and reading about my skin, there's always a suggestion of using this product. I used to wear Neutrogena products when I was in IPG, I bought it out of curiosity thinking whether it's gonna work for me or not. I started using their facial wash and it works really well for me. tho it didn't bright my skin (I was crazy to make my skin look fair and bright at that era) but I was quite happy with the outcome. my skin didn't dry out, its just supple and hydrated. then I moved on to their moisturizer for combination skin and oil-free. the reason why I bought their products at that moment, their products are non-comedogenic and hypoallergenic. back then, as I read about the skincare products, most of the articles claimed that if you wanted to find a good skincare products, you should search for those kind of terms before purchasing it. and so I did.

I continued on using the products until I started working. but as years and days passed by, I got bored. I wanted to try new different products. I still remember when I used this products, my cousin told me my skin already look okay. there's no need to change different one. but then, I got bored. so I stopped using Neutrogena line and tried multiple kind of products such as Pure Beauty from Watson, Face shop brightening lotion, Hada Labo, Body Shop and so on. It didn't give me the same results but I was happy for being able to try out different skincare products. but again, as I grow older, I now realize the importance of using and choosing the suitable products for your skin. you can't just simply buy the products on the market just because you want to try a new product that they came out with or simply because you want to test it out. you choose based on your skin type. last time I checked they said I had a dry to combination skin, but now the result said I had a dehydrated and oily skin. so yeah, from now on, I only use the products that are only necessary for my skin instead of using different products after another. I'm not on that stage anymore of where that I'm still looking and hunting for products.

if you did some reading and research in the internet, you would come across of how the skin type could effect of how many products that you use. it's not necessarily to use 5-10 products on the skin but depend of your skin type. some skin requires only 3 products, some maybe 5-10. so like I said, it depends.

so as I did some reading based on my skin type, I now realize that how important Neutrogena is for my skin, for my life. I can't seem to run from it. they got everything that my skin requires.  you know, on my personal view, Neutrogena line is probably one of the drugstore product that offers you a good quality product with an average price. meaning to say that you are not necessarily need to spend a lot money to have a better skin like everyone else. They provide you such a detailed and established products, they run test after test to come out with a better result. and they're still not going to rip out your pocket (if you know what I mean)

Thank you Neutrogena for existing.


much love,
Rushy

No comments: